1. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- Data – Collectively all information that users submit to VEHICLEHISTORY.EU via the Website. This definition incorporates, and is applicable, for all the information provided by the site users.
- Cookies – Small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below;
- Controller – (www.vehiclehistory.eu) – a provider of vehicle history reports for European vehicles via this website.
- User – Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by VEHICLEHISTORY.EU and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to VEHICLEHISTORY.EU and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
- European Union Protection Law – The privacy and electronic regulations has been provide by European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) (https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/institutions-bodies/european-data-protection-supervisor_en) and European Commission (GDPR) (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rules-business-and-organisations/principles-gdpr).
- Website – The website that you are currently using, www.vehiclehistory.eu, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “Including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
3. DATA COLLECTED
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you
- Full Name;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- All financial information such as credit/debit card numbers or other data are on the responsibility of our external payment gateway (Stripe).
4. OUR USE OF DATA
- For purposes of the Data Protection of the European Union, VEHICLEHISTORY.EU is the “the data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for as long as your account remains active.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and /or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in our server in accordance with the principles of the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS), an EU General Data Protection Regulation Commission (GDPR).
For more details on security see the clause below.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products / services;
- Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone or email. Such information may be used to customize or update the Website;
- We may use the personal information of our users to assist them during the process of purchase of vehicle history reports.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- VEHICLEHISTORY.EU may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
8. CONTROLLING USE OF YOUR DATA
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and sharing Data with third parties.
9. FUNCTIONALITY OF THE WEBSITE
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
10. ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data or request that this data be deleted by VEHICLEHISTORY.EU (where such Data is held) with up to 7 working days in advance by sending an email to support[@]vehiclehistory.eu.
- Data security is of great importance for VEHICLEHISTORY.EU, and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- VEHICLEHISTORY.EU has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
- The Website places Cookies on your computer, and this is one automatic system, you may or may not receive a message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. However, upon receipt of the Cookie, you are enabling VEHICLEHISTORY.EU to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, block the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, or remember which page a user is on.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
13. TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
- We may also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of the European Union.
If you have any questions or need any information, please contact us by email: info[@]vehiclehistory.eu.
Thank you for choosing VEHICLEHISTORY.EU